Friday, February 23, 2007

no thanks


The grocery circulars arrive on Friday, and since my scanner is still out (as I've not yet finished archiving my collection of happening cards) and since I'm still feeling bored, restless and unfocused, I thought I'd change things up a bit in terms of the way I typically interact with these kinds of texts. Instead of looking for, and then noting on my shopping list, the things I want or need to buy, or (for those times I am especially broke) instead of playing the if-you-could-only-eat-one-thing-featured-on-this-page-for-rest-of-your-life-what-would-it-be? game, I thought I'd chose one thing in one of the circulars that I definitely wouldn't purchase even if it were on sale or part of one of those "buy one, get one free" deals. This one is a kind of "three-fer." I would not purchase the lemon meringue pie or the chocolate one or the coconut one. triple-yuck.

No comments: